Minor Threat: The Best Band Ian MacKaye was in

Everyone knows Ian MacKaye (well, probably not on a personal level, nor the biblical sense.) Indies love the work he’s done in Fugazi and The Evens, while punk fans indulge in all of his old bands.

Minor Threat was THE best band that Ian was part of, period. The songs are short, fast, and notoriously pissed off (pretty pioneering for a band that existed in a time when hair metal was the big thing… god I hate the 80s sometimes).

MP3:
Minor Threat – Think Again
Minor Threat – Filler

Other Housewive reads you’ll love (or else):
A Housewive Hardcore Mix (bunch of really good songs)
Fugazi vs. Atom and His Package

Buy:
Dischord Records

11 comments

1. a Tart says:

ah, but punk will always fill the void, eh? thanks for the Ian MacKaye! xoxo

2. Housewives? says:

no problem a tart, and to answer your question:

no, punk won’t always fill the void, but that’s what ska is for.

3. AngryDuck says:

I agree 100% with this blog. If not for Ian MacKaye the world would be absent a good many great bands. My only regret was that I did not get to see Minor Threat live, at least I did get to see Fugazi though! Thanks for the throw back, might go and dust off some LP’s tonight ! And yes I did say LP’s !!

Cheers,

Duck

4. krist says:

you know how much I dig your site. but I think you’re on friggin crack for this one.

no way. Fugazi in so many ways. Fugazi is what an independent rock band should be. they influence ideals, music and schematics.

minor threat influenced straight edge and tons of band hardcore.

period.

5. Anonymous says:

bad hardcore is what I meant.

6. Housewives? says:

Duck: No problem! Glad to bring back the past for ya!

krist: I hear what you’re saying… Fugazi definitely influenced a lot, and I give them props for that. But as far as music goes, I’d pick Minor Threat over Fugazi any day.

Minor Threat also influenced plenty of “good” hardcore bands too, such as Gorilla Biscuits. While straight edge has a pretty negative connotation these days, there were plenty of positive straight edge bands such as Good Clean Fun, Gorilla Biscuits, and 7 Seconds.

Not every straight edger is into that Earth Crisis tougher than though shit.

7. 123 123 says:

Interesting blog as for me. It would be great to read more about that topic.
    By the way check the design I've made myself Female escorts

8. Anonymous says:

Cool post you got here. It would be great to read a bit more concerning this matter. The only thing I would like to see here is some photos of any gadgets.
    Kate Trider
    Cell jammer

9. Anonymous says:

Great opinion you place here.
    It would be intresting to find something more concerning this post.
    Thanks for inform that information.
    Marija!
    incall Kiev escort

10. [...] Hardcore: Minor Threat Embrace (Ian’s Band After Minor Threat) Teen Idles – Minor Disturbance Ceremony – [...]